This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36882 May 11th, 2005 at 06:01 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hi

My lawn this year has this weed growing everywhere. It is about 6 inches high has a purple top and the leaves appear to grow downward and grows in clusters.

Not sure what to use on this as I do not want to harm the grass or my garden which it has also invaded.

ters

#36883 May 12th, 2005 at 01:17 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Newbie Gardener,
Is this it???
Dead Nettle ???? Duh ????

Weezie

Hey Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum by the way if I haven't Welcomed you!
*I've been a wee~bit busyyyyyyyyy lately*
Lot's to do here and see, and to keep you busy,
even in the dead of a cold, long, snowy, blowy winter...Recipes, Crafts and Hobbies, Game Room and Banter Hall for chatting and getting to know some of the members...

#36884 May 12th, 2005 at 03:04 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Yes!!! That is it! Thank you I spent of good part of the day trying to track this down and could not find anything.

I really need to find out how to post pictures as it will make things so much easier.

I am not sure but I think I purchased something like this last summer and planted it, although it is a lighter shade of green. It actually looks like a nice plant.

How do I get rid of this? It is everywhere.

#36885 May 13th, 2005 at 04:05 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Well, it seems like I am not the only person with a dead nettle problem, I found another post about this.

Not sure what to do here, but I think I will continue to pull out what I can, since the ground is still moist and maybe spray just alittle.

There is so much wild life around here I am afraid of using the spray.

Does anyone know what would happen if I poured boiling water on them?

#36886 May 13th, 2005 at 04:17 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Just answered my own question. I just love this site! Found a post about boiling water and a recipe to go with it!

My husband won't like this but I guess I will have to sacrifice the grass for this to work.

Link Copied to Clipboard