This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36419 July 28th, 2005 at 12:15 AM
S
OP Offline
S
My husband has an aloe vera plant that is considered a master plant, and every so often little plants are growing from it; I've been repotting them. My questions are: can this plant be grown from seed, and what are the chances of one of the little ones that I have repotted becoming a master plant? sca

#36420 August 2nd, 2005 at 08:17 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Schultzie,
Welcome to The Garden Helpe'rs Forum!!!
We are very glad you found us!!!

I just wanted to let you know I was going
to move your post into The HOUSE plant SECTION...

You'll get alot more responses for your question
there....

Don't forget to take a peak around and check out all the sections we have here.. There's lot's do and see, jump right on in....

#36421 August 2nd, 2005 at 06:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My questions are: can this plant be grown from seed, and what are the chances of one of the little ones that I have repotted becoming a master plant?
Aloes are one of those plants that don't produce seeds,they reproduce from the root system. Given the proper care, all of the "babies" produced can become quite large and will eventually start to make their own "babies".

Hope this helped!

G-Mom grinnnn

#36422 August 2nd, 2005 at 07:41 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
What's a master plant please?

#36423 August 2nd, 2005 at 08:15 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi! My husband has had this aloe vera plant for over 9 years and has always called the main plant that makes little ones the master plant. I've never known to call it anything else other than that. But I just read a response to my question (as to whether aloe can be grown from seed), and they used the term "parent"; which probably makes a lot of sense since it does make little "babies"! The parent plant made so many recently that I've had to repot them. grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard