This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36008 December 29th, 2005 at 11:48 PM
OP Offline
When is the best time to propagate a jade plant? I live on the west coast of Florida about an hour north of Tampa. I have a jade that is getting top heavy and needs to be repotted, which I am going to do today. But I was wondering whether I coud take some cuttings from it and root them. Thanks in advance for the help!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cindy

#36009 December 30th, 2005 at 12:32 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Yes you definitely can take cuttings just about anytime. I usually let my jade drop leaves and I leave them were they are because I have plenty of space in the pot. A couple of them will root each time and then the pot gets fuller which is what I am working towards. I started with a little tiny cutting with 2 leaves and I am filling a 10 inch hanging pot with it. Mine for some reason just loves to hang over the edge rather than grow upright so I'm going with the flow lol.

#36010 December 30th, 2005 at 04:16 AM
M
M
Yes, yes. Jades are good to propigate any time of the year from leaves or stems. I'm told plants from leaves will never get as large as plants from stem cuttings, but I'm not sure this is true. They root so easily in dampish soil, dryish soil, sometimes even the table behind the pot (where a leaf fell and I didn't notice it - then found a shrivveled leaf with roots) that there are always some to give to the school bake-and-anything-else sales!

Link Copied to Clipboard