This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35979 May 11th, 2005 at 02:16 PM
S
Suzee Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am pretty sure this picture is to large for the rules here so...this is a link to a photo of the new flower bed at the front of our home. We moved last summer and this yard needs a lot of help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/Pansiepants/garden2005/front_before_2.jpg

Just the outline has been desodded where the new flower bed is goin. Its really hard to get an idea as to how big that area really is. If it helps that rhodo is about 4 ft across and the birdbath is a big cement one.

We just purchase a saucer magnolia last night, a japanese maple, a 6.5 HP rear tine tiller grinnnn and saw a few more shrubs I would like to purchase. Have 43 pernnials in pots to put in, 40 daylilies I started indoors, 9 dahlias, 4 peonies, 50 plants or so started from seed and some other stuff i just had to buy waiting in bags..still nowhere near enough but a good start I think.

#35980 May 11th, 2005 at 02:26 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey Suzee,

That is going to be so fantastic when you get it all planted. That's quite a project you have on your hands.

#35981 May 11th, 2005 at 02:42 PM
S
Suzee Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Its the first of many. We have a huge boulder to the right of our home in a treeless area, wanting to put Japanese garden there with water garden, a veggie garden in the backyard (grass instead of moss would be nice too), a herb garden in the back beside the house and a flagstone patio with fire pit...not to mention landscaping around the current deck and building a base and deck for the hot tub.

Did I say i am NOT moving again? Good thing hubby is a gardener too

#35982 May 11th, 2005 at 03:09 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Wow,

I move into a house once. It was a fixer upper. My project list was 119 items long. My boyfriend was a carpenter and my dad is a pretty good handy man. It took us two years. If it required paying, digging, weeding, painting, sanding or filling it was my job. If it required plumbing or electrical it was dads. And if it required cutting or nailing it was Franks. He built me a solarium it was terrific. Next time I'm learning the electrical to go with the gardening. Dad can keep the plumbing uck. :p

#35983 May 11th, 2005 at 03:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow Suzee.....that's a nice area you have to work with......I'll be excited to see pictures of it when you get everything dug out and planted.... wavey

#35984 May 11th, 2005 at 04:39 PM
Looks like you are starting with pretty much of a blank slate, so you ought to have room for all your new plants. Isn't it so much fun to figure out exactly where you want everything and to know that when it look just like you want it that you got it that way? grinnnn

Dianna

#35985 May 12th, 2005 at 05:31 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Very Nice Suzee! Isn't it fun planning and getting to do it like you want?
We haven't been in our home very long...we downsized (I don't know what I was THINKING!!) and really dislike this house...it needed a LOT of help. We were going to start landscaping last year but hubby had some back problem...so we were going to do it this year. Now we can't because he has been off work so long...and we just can't afford it right now. But, I am trying to do something to help the front yard...but am having to work with what I already had...so it probably wont look "right" til next year when everything grows some.
Keep us posted as you get it started...I would love to see how you are going to lay it out...may have to "borrow" some of your ideas!

#35986 May 12th, 2005 at 06:01 PM
Suzee, hope your weather is better in southern NB than mine in northern NB, it's snow flurrying out. Well at least their are no mosquitos today laugh .
You have got a job ahead of you moving all that sod, but digging in the dirt is so fun. Waiting to see the finished photos. thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard