This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35688 July 31st, 2005 at 11:38 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I am pollenating the stamens. I see the seed pod is getting larger, but I don't know what the seeds look like. Does anyone know what they should look like and how I can "harvest" them?
Thanks

#35689 August 6th, 2005 at 11:50 PM
W
W
I grow them from seed, but would love the know how to harvest seed. The seed I buy is expensive and the germination rate is low.
Thanks foe listening,
John

#35690 August 8th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to move this post to the plants and flowers topic where it will recieve more replies...Welcome to the forum to both of you!!

Laura

#35691 August 9th, 2005 at 08:21 AM
wavey HI all you will get your seeds from seed pods they will develop after the bloom drops off let them turn brown stem and all before you pick them crack open in the seed pod you will see the seeds they are about the size of a BB that you shoot from a BB gun.they will be brown in color.use a tooth pick to get all the seeds out and store them in a paper envelope till planting time after the last frost.put a peat base soil in a flat. sprinkle the seeds all over the flat then cover them with a little more soil about 1/8 inch deep water them well then place them in a shady spot.not all seed will be viable but you should get at least 75 per cent to grow.after they come up use a spoon to dig them out of the soil. then pot them up in medium sized pots with a good well draining soil. then water them keep them moist not soaked.then give them more sun each day for about a week then move them into full sun.
the seed pods are about 1 inch long and about as big around as your thumb they will look like a small okra pod but brown when ready to pick.hope this helps.your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey flw flw

Link Copied to Clipboard