This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35661 July 20th, 2005 at 05:47 AM
OP Offline
My next-door neighbor gave me some cuttings from her gardenias about a month ago. I set them in water and enjoyed the smell...being from Indiana originally, I had never seen gardenias before. Since I hate to throw out anything that looks like it is still alive, the cuttings have sat since I got them. I looked today (was actually surprised that the leaves were still green) and saw that the plants had started to grow roots. My question is...since it is now mid-July...do I plant these outdoors (I live near the foothills in North Carolina) or do I pot them as houseplants and wait til next year to plant them outside? HELPPPPPP!!!!

#35662 July 20th, 2005 at 06:38 AM
Hi Lynnemarie, put them out and keep them watered. Don't let them dry out and see what happens. I don't know if they'll keep until the fall like they are.

I live in Monroe, NC. We went to Blowing Rock by way of 321 Saturday and took exit 28, the Maiden Exit to get a Pepsi. We went into a little antique store right there off the exit and bought a kitchen table. Small world.

#35663 July 20th, 2005 at 11:40 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for the help.....as hot as it is, I hope they make it. Since I have several, maybe I'll put some outside and try a couple indoors as houseplants til after the first frost....and here I thought I could grow just about anything...that's what I get for thinking...LOL!

Link Copied to Clipboard