This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35479 June 5th, 2005 at 06:06 PM
G
Glycine Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hello, dear gardeners,
Can anyone knows how to get rid of tiny black insects which seem to suck the main veins of some leaves;They are under the leaves. The plant is all around the walls of my house and covers the all house; it is about 25 years old,a tree really . It is the first time that this happens, I noticed quite a few leaves on the ground for a few days, first, I thought it was the squirrels!
First, a brown dry patch appears on the middle of the leaf. Thanks if you can help.
Glycine

#35480 June 6th, 2005 at 11:51 PM
O
O
Hi Poppy!!!

You need either Praying Mantids or Green Lacewing...both pretty reasonable (cost wise)

Sounds like you have thrips...the Lacewing will eat them up!!!

Lacewings are really easy to use...you probably only need about 2,000 eggs each time you order. You should oder these about twice a season to get rid of the thrips.

Anyway, good luck

Link Copied to Clipboard