This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35419 May 23rd, 2005 at 01:26 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I have been reading on the net about these types of gardens. And as I have been patiently (ok maybe not patiently) waiting for things to bloom I know that I really want this type of garden. But I don't understand exactly how to get it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This what I have to work with.

Area: 14 ft wide, 4 ft high, 20 ft long.

Going to have to terrace it:
the bottom level is 18 inches deep.
the next level is 8 inches higher and also 18 inches deep. that is as far as I have gotten so far.

plant wise I have: 3 hosta: 4 peonies white, pink and red, Zinnia the tall ones, calendrum, carnations, moss roses, 8 miniature snapdragons, 8 gladiola, 6 cannas, 3 dianthus, 2 ipomposis, 2 columbine, some dwarf evergreen ground cover and herbs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to interplant different flowers so that the slope looks like it is in bloom from early spring to late fall but I'm not understanding what I am reading well enough to know what to do. Can someone take me by the hand and tell me what to do?

#35420 May 27th, 2005 at 01:28 AM
Hey girl,
I'd start by breaking down the problem into steps.
First, make a few lists. First being a list of what blooms when - early spring, late spring, all spring, etc.
Then listed by heights, etc. Then by whatever else is important to you - color, texture, etc.
Once you compare those lists, things should become more clear as to waht you should put where.
That's what I try to do when I make a new garden area. Of course, I don't DO that, but I PLAN on doing...that.......
Hope this helps!
Barb

#35421 May 27th, 2005 at 01:34 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi Barb,

It helps a lot. I get overwhelmed and then can't figure anything out. Thank you for the advise.

Link Copied to Clipboard