This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35410 July 29th, 2005 at 12:03 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I bought a Potenilla Katherine Dykes from Home Depot about a month ago. Now the leaves and branches seem to be turning brown, especially at the bottom. At the time of purchase, it had yellow flowers and green leaves, now there are 2 dead yellow flowers and it is looking very brown. Is it going to die? If so, I will return it to Home Depot and get my money back. They have a year guarantee for all their plants. It has lots of sun and I water it all the time. I also noticed that it originally was much larger and as I rub off the dead leaves it seems to be shrinking. Any ideas?? kit

#35411 July 30th, 2005 at 01:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am not actually familiar with that plant, but it sounds like a generic watering problem. one of the things i do is when i don't want the plant i have to make seeds, i remove spent flowers (commonly called "dead heading"). that will give more nourishment to the leaves. also, you may want to check the roots. if they are mushy and black, you may have over watered. that will give the plant an appearance of needing water, but watering will actually make it worse!

Link Copied to Clipboard