This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35027 June 3rd, 2005 at 03:46 PM
G
ginnyd Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am in the process of planting a brand new garden and everything except for one lily is doing well. The daylily is a new variety and the foliage is turning yellow from the bottom up. We have had a very wet spring, but all the other plants are doing fine. Could this be a need for ferlilizer or something else? Would appreciate any help.

#35028 June 3rd, 2005 at 04:42 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ginnyd,

Hmmmmmmmmmm, Daylilies are one of the hardiest plants there is...

I have a couple of questions for you>????

Can you tell us what kind of dirt you have your plant planted in??
When did you plant it??
Where is the bed? By the house, under trees, out in the open??
Have you fertilized yet? or any plant near it??

Weezie

P/S Welcome Aboard, we're very glad you found us
and we're very glad to have you here!!!!

#35029 June 3rd, 2005 at 04:47 PM
Did the leaf or leaves get broken? Are there ants or anything in the area where you planted it?(Ants may eat the root.) Does the spot its in seem to be excessively wet?(If so it could be root rot.)Did it have leaves on it when it was planted or was it just a root/tuber? I just transplanted some daylilies yesterday and sometimes when they already have leaves the move will cause some to die but they always come back...

Link Copied to Clipboard