This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34973 May 27th, 2005 at 07:28 PM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
My mother in law gave ma this plant about 3 years ago. She had it for years. got tired of it and tried everything imaginable to kill it. She left it outside in the winter,stopped watering it,tried to overwater it,everything. O.K. now i have it it's been doing real good except lately.
The leaves look under developed and the older leaves look like they are "losing" thier green color,turning yellowish green. i know it's been in the same pot for probably over 10+ years. should i repot it? there are also snake plants in the same pot (the pot is 12" i think)it's been producing 2-3 new branches every year except this year. what should i do??

#34974 June 12th, 2005 at 06:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, 10 years is a long time to go without repotting.It's depleted of nutrients and most likely soil that keep the roots healthy. Since the Schefflera and Snake have different light requirements, I would pot up each different plant in their own pot, so you will be able to downsize to smaller pots
The Scheff can take high light/direct sun, the Snake, med indirect to low light. Give both plants about an inch between the rootball and inside wall of of the pots, keep them slightly snug and use a soil that is well draining.

#34975 June 19th, 2005 at 07:34 PM
I just got one of those - one of the tenants brought it home; a discard from somebody's house. I topped its soil, Jeff waters it once a week and it does well in the lobby of the building here.

If it ever goes on the lam, I'll try re-potting it and seeing if there's more than one plant in it.

Link Copied to Clipboard