This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34696 July 23rd, 2005 at 01:38 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Hello! This is my first post in this forum and I joined primarily because I'm concerned about the fern that I have in a pot.

I'm unsure but I think i got him about 18 months ago at a market. I've repotted him twice (I got him when he was the TINIEST little tuber) and he used to grow fronds quite often but now the fronds he had months and months ago haven't grown at all. One frond has sort of died and is all brown and curled. There's a half unfurled one as well.

I can't remember what type of fern he is... but I believe it's an Australian fern of some type (I'm Australian btw!)

I could take some pics if that would help the situation as I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and rectify it for him. I've had him in several places since moving to this house, in the bathroom windowsill, in the loungeroom windowsill, in my kitchen away from windows, ... you name it! There just doesn't seem to be any improvement. At the moment I have him sitting in the corner of the room on a table. Duh

I'm baffled as to why he stopped growing and any advice given would be very appreciated!

#34697 July 24th, 2005 at 12:01 AM
HI kittyjess wavey and welcome to the garden helper forum.a photo would be nice so we could help identify your fern.but most ferns like indirect light and high humidity and like to be misted on there leafs and a moist well drained soil.what type of soil is it planted in?how often do you water it?heres a copy of a post by one of our members that might help.he is our expert on Horticultural help and iam sure he will along soon to give you more advise on your fern.heres the link.
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/27/57.html
hope this helps.
your friend in gardening mike57
wavey flw flw

Link Copied to Clipboard