This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34134 May 10th, 2005 at 04:09 PM
Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's my peach tree from last year-
spring%202005/peachbaby1.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

And here's the new one they sent me this year, because I told them the one from last year got infested, and I wasn't sure it was going to live. (I still don't know if it's gonna make it.)
spring%202005/peachbaby2.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Aren't they cute?
flw Meg

#34135 May 10th, 2005 at 04:19 PM
Meg, where do you order your trees at? The Paulownia that I received from House of Wesley were just awful.

Dianna

#34136 May 10th, 2005 at 04:26 PM
Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
These were actually from the ADF. I recieved my 10 free trees, but I also ordered a couple of extras that I wanted, like the peach tree & a hedge worth plus of arborvitaes. I forgot to tell them that my kwanzan cherry tree died too.. but I don't have room for it now. I replaced it with a shrub I bought at southern states. Late last year, my peach started to decline.. looked a bit like peach leaf curl, but there were other problems too.. then I noticed the sap at the bottom of the tree. Borers. mad So far, this year, it's looking ok.. but there's no way for me to be sure it's going to fully recover from the damage that was done to it. I hate to get rid of it, if there's hope. ADF was nice enough to send me a free replacement anyway. It leafed out pretty quick after I planted it. grinnnn

Meg

#34137 May 10th, 2005 at 04:37 PM
Thanks, Meg!

Jim and I have received mailings from the ADF, but never have joined. The peach trees might give me incentive to add our names. Those pics are a good advertisement for them.

Dianna

#34138 May 10th, 2005 at 04:48 PM
Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
I must say, the peach trees really took off. They were fast growing. They aren't that big when they ship, really. Some of my tress were only as big as a twig, and others were about 4' tall, depending on what they were. (Other than my cherry tree) I had the best luck with the ones I bought, rather than the 10 free ones they send you when you join. But some of them did well too. They are tiny when they come, I won't lie. I was surprised at how small some were. I think a toothpick would've been fatter..lol. Your best bet if you go with them, is try to find out what's a native one to your area, they do the best. (My hawthornes were tiny, but are doing really well, since they are native, they took off!) Also, they have on thier website, all thier trees listed, they will tell you what zones they are good for (and will ask for your zip code & tell you your zone, and offer those trees to you to look at), and if you click on more information, it will tell you things like, average shipping size, average growth rate, avg. full grown size, what kind of soil it prefers, light it prefers, watering, etc.. it's pretty nice. The ship when dormant, so you'd likely get a fall delivery if you were to order anything now.

Meg

Link Copied to Clipboard