This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34122 August 2nd, 2005 at 06:02 AM
L
OP Offline
L
When we moved into our house in Jacksonville, FL this February, we had banana trees in the back yard. One of them has a bloom on it that looks like pictures we've found on the websites for bananas except that as it opens, instead of getting rings of blooms out of the taper, it gets a flower or two and then it wilts away and falls off. Is this normal? Will this set fruit? I've never had a banana before, and really thought we were too far north for them. But, we have them now (along with a key lime that is COVERED in fruit!) and I don't know whether to expect bananas or not.

Any advice will be appreciated. I will be glad to take digital pictures of the bloom to send anyone that can help.

Lynda in Jacksonville, FL

#34123 August 2nd, 2005 at 10:36 PM
I'd love to see a photo!
Some are ornamental some are not and produce banas...how tall is yours?how many leaves?

look on
www.bannatree.com

they have pictures

Link Copied to Clipboard