This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34097 July 1st, 2005 at 05:31 AM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
the leaves of my cyclamen plant are turning yellow. no drooping or getiing mushy just yellowing. it's not recieving any more light than normal, and i have not changed the way i water it. i water it from the bottom. i've had this plant for quite a while now and it has been producing flowers since i bought it. is the yellowing a normal thing? i know they do different things depending on the season. so i wasnt sure if maybe it was getting ready to hybernate or something like that.
thanx for any info

#34098 July 1st, 2005 at 05:59 AM
Hi there,
My cyclamen does this every once in a while too. They do go through a dormant stage. Here's more info.. cyclamen tipsheet

I have found that mine prefers it when its cooler out. When it starts to get really hot I put it in the shade and give it water but it usually still turns a little yellow and looks sad, then as soon as it cools down again it pops right back up. I love it at Christmas when its blooming away while everything else is sleeping. thumbup

#34099 July 3rd, 2005 at 05:22 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I killed one of those very quickly. But then I can say that about a lot of plants. I hope your perks back up.

#34100 July 4th, 2005 at 06:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the soil dry out. That will not keep the leaves from yellowing, but it will help it go into dormancy until the cooler weather returns.

I advise against bottom watering a Cyclamen. It is too easy to keep the soil too wet for too long using that method. I know the conventional wisdom says don't wet the corm out of which the leaf stems grow, but that is not a problem as long as it is potted correctly and the soil is porous and drains well.

#34101 July 4th, 2005 at 10:00 PM
F
F
I think the yellowing leaves is normal because I have 4 of them and even with the few yellowing leaves, the plants are still producing new leaves and still blooming. I have 4 different colored ones. I love them!!

Link Copied to Clipboard