This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33678 July 24th, 2005 at 11:29 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello I got some prennial geranium bulbs this year I paid a pretty penny for the 4 of them they have been in the ground for 6 weeks. I have no growth at all. I decided to dig them up and look them over see if anything had changed on the tumbers.........well nothing same little things I stuck in the ground. What do you all think I should do? Should I pull them and put them in pots and see if anything happens or should I leave them and hope. There are in a area that I want some growth next season so I dont want to risk it when I can place some daylillies there.

Whats a gardener to do........ Duh

#33679 July 24th, 2005 at 11:34 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Karrie,
Is this the kind you're talking about???
Hardy geranium/Johnson\'s Blue

#33680 July 24th, 2005 at 10:59 PM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
that is one of the 4 i ordered the other is a crainsbill in pink and the other 2 the ones I paid so much money for are beautiful they are called splish splash geranium. I saw these had to have them. But unfortunately I do not think I am going to have them after all! Here is the link to what I ordered I got them all except the first and the last on the page. They were suspose to come as a 2 year transplant but instead I got bulbs or tumbers which ever they qualify for. I really wanted these flowers. http://www.gorgetop.com/Perennials-EJ/geranium.html

#33681 July 26th, 2005 at 03:34 AM
A
A
I wouldn't give up on them just yet. I planted some oriental lily bulbs last June and they also didn't come up that year. I thought they were bad bulbs or perhaps something ate them. However, this year they did come up and look great. It may be that they were planted so late in the season. I would mark the area where you planted them and hopefully they'll grow next year.

Link Copied to Clipboard