This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33554 May 17th, 2005 at 11:44 PM
G
OP Offline
G
hi I'm a new member from new york. I would love to know if I can force lilac clipping into new plants

#33555 May 18th, 2005 at 05:23 AM
H
H
yes, lilacs can easily grow from cuttings. Look up Syringa and propogation. steps are simple. try multiples. I've had the best luck doing the least fancy set up. I have a 4 foot acacia from a cutting & a 6 foot 4 year old lilac. BUT, it's 99% where i live... In California roses grow like weeds.

I joined because of the cutest google search find on 'Greenie'. I'm looking for an easier way to excavate a few acres.... Some how his or her comments came up.
I hope he or she is having fun. I hope Greenie has been successful.
I think Greenie lived in California. Everyone here has things outside just calling for cuttings. I see something, throw a snip in a plastic bag... go on home and throw it in..... geraniums are everywhere and beg to be thinned. Fuschias also grow like crazy here from the worst cuttings.
If anyone knows how Greenie fared, please share.
Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard