This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33438 May 9th, 2005 at 03:41 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I have been online searching and I have many books that I have read over and over. I understand the basics of grouping and cross pollenation(hope I spelled it right). I just can't find a simple picture or layout plan of a salad garden. Nothing big, just your basic salad veges. I really need something to guide me through the basics of which veges go where. Like I mention in my subject I am a newbie and I only have maybe 10 specific veges I plan to plant and can't plan this out. I see many books for sale however this is also a low budget project. If I just had a simple blueprint of a simple salad garden I would be tickled pink! By the way I am known as HoneyWine. Nice to meet you. Any help would be very useful. Thanks bunches in advance

#33439 May 9th, 2005 at 04:29 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
wavey We;lcome Honey Wine. I can't help you just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Somebady will be by that can help you wiht the salad garden. flw
Jimmy

#33440 May 9th, 2005 at 04:53 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
So you want to plant lettuce, tomato, green onions, radishes, like that right?

Well I'm not sure there is a "plan" exactly. You plant each veggie in it's own row. For the lettuce, green onion, radishes and like plants you plant some this week, some the next week and some the week after like that so it doesn't all come up at once. For the tomatoes and green peppers in your zone I would probably buy starter plants rather than seeds, because you would have needed to start them awhile back inside probably.

I may have totally misunderstood your question. In which case I apologize. Sometimes I don't understand very well.

If you go down to the search and put in companion planting you can learn alot about plants that help other plants by being planted close together.

Corn is different than most other crops as far as how you plant it. If you go down to fruits and veggie room you can find a string on that.

#33441 May 9th, 2005 at 03:11 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I found my answers on Yankee Gardener. It shows all the crop rotation and what should be planted with what group and in what bed. Thank you to all who replied. I knew some how that I found the right place for right answers. I found so many links here thanks! HoneyWine

Link Copied to Clipboard