This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33249 June 5th, 2005 at 04:25 AM
Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
Last year, borers got my peach tree. I treated it, and it came back nice this year.. and grew quite a bit, again. ADF sent me a new one, just in case the one from last year didn't make it. However, both are doing the same thing right now, and I don't know what the heck is causing it. The leaves are yellowing & dropping already.. here's a few photos-

Last year's peach tree-
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This year's new peach tree-
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ideas, suggestions?
Meg

#33250 June 6th, 2005 at 06:55 PM
Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
Poor peach tree is really starting to drop some leaves. What's wrong here? Anyone?

Meg

#33251 June 6th, 2005 at 09:31 PM
O
O
My peach trees went through a period of leaf drop for two or three weeks. I missed the first spraying after blossom drop, but started spraying a week or week and a half later with Spray-n-gro and Bill's Perfect fertilizer as well as Safer's Soap and Pyola for insects. However, I think this is a fungal problem, so I also mixed in some THAT flowable sulfur (approved by the National Organic Program). The leaves stopped dropping about a week and a half after I sprayed the first time.(Shortly after my second spraying) I don't know if you can find THAT where you are, but Garden's Alive has fungicidal sprays you can order.

#33252 June 6th, 2005 at 10:53 PM
Meg Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Terry. I do have some stuff from there, and will use it, see if it helps. I did have bugs, and sprayed for them.. haven't seen too many on those since then.. now they are on my Hawthornes! shk

Meg

#33253 June 7th, 2005 at 03:32 AM
LMT Offline
Nectarines range north better then peaches so I grow Nectarines.

It might be as simple as a cold spring/late frost.

I'd use a post hole digger, get down about two to three feet and toss in some human hair (contains sulfur) about a half a foot outside the weep edge.

I had to go outside and look at my Nec. Planted in pure sand and thriving.

Link Copied to Clipboard