This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33246 June 20th, 2005 at 02:09 AM
N
OP Offline
N
i'm in maryland right now on a long business trip and a co-worker has a gerbera in the office. it was a gift and the pot it was in was way too small. i helped her re-pot it into a larger pot with miracle gro potting mix (which works fine for me at home). it's been doing great for the last week. this morning i came in and it was wilted like old lettuce. the soil was very wet so i took it outside for fresh air and hoped there would be enough sun to dry it out and perk it up. there wasn't, so i re-potted it into dry soil. the roots still look ok. and actually, i think the leaves are already starting to perk up.

SO, now that you have the history, here's my actual question: is it normal for a plant to wilt like this if over-watered? and: did i do the right thing re-potting it? i've never had this problem in arizona...

#33247 July 24th, 2005 at 12:12 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
UP to the TOP!!

Anyone!!!

Ohhhhhh, my goodness, don't how these slipped
by us!!!
How is the plant doing????

#33248 July 24th, 2005 at 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is easy to overwater plants after repotting to too large pots. Could this be the case here? Gerbera daisies like to be potbound. A suggestion would be to repot the plant into the original small pot and let the soil dry at least 1/2" between waterings. Hope this gets you started until one of the indoor plant experts drops in with more detailed information. Good luck with your gerbera!

Link Copied to Clipboard