This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
yes how do i protect my pond fish from predator,is there a flower i could plant that would repell them,or something ,anything...maybe toy soldiers around the pond laugh

thanks!

Hi,
My neighbor put up the lawn sprinkler that looks like a bird. It has a built in motion sensor. He says it has kept the racoons out. Additionally he put up the plastic owl to look over the pond too. My friend in New Orleans has a real problem with the sea birds swooping in for lunch. He put the chicken wire over the ponds and has all but eliminated his problem. Dont know if that helps him with hurricanes though!

OP Offline
Bf,

thank you will try it for next year,i m early i know but isn t that better than being late.

hope your friend didn t had any damages with the hurricanne.

thanks again.

Mr. Radio
Mr. Radio
What kind of predator? The chicken wire sounds like a good idea, but it takes away from the view of the pond and that is pretty much the idea of having on in the 1st place. You could try using a live trap and catching the critter, but I would make certain that it is not a skunk 1st. That could leave you with a much worse problem, if caught.

K
K
u can put a screen over the pond. You can still see in and feed them that way but than predators can't get to your fish

We use fishnets in England.

Link Copied to Clipboard