This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
LauraK Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hello
I am relocating from FL to OH in about a month. I am beginning the task of seeing which plants can survive the move and climate relocation and which I will need to give to family staying here.

I have a large aloe plant which has lived outdoors. I would like to take this with me for sentimental reason and would like to know if the chances are good that it will adjust to becoming an indoor plant (with visits outside during the summer months)?

The same question (above) applies for a large ivy plant (not sure of what type exactly) and a large peace lily plant too.

I have pretty much decided from my readings that the lantana, penta, gerber daisy, butterfly bush, and other butterfly plant will remain in FL. Duh

Any help/information with these issues is much appreciated. I am a beginner/novice when it comes to gardening, so my apologies if anything asked seems to be a bit redundant. Thank you! smile

Laura

I live in Indiana somewhat close to the Il boreder. I have gerber daiseys in the yard they are beautiful of course they are grown as an annual here I also have a beautiful butterfly bush here grows larger and larger each year. It is 3 years old and needs to be moved due to its size. I also have lantana its beautiful as well. But again grown as an annual here. Hope that offers some help.

Opps sorry we are on the Il side of the state but the temps are still very similar to Ohio!

Good Luck on the move thumbup . That looks like a big difference in zones. I moved from Long Island to Northern Jersey three yrs ago and am shocked clp clp ...

I recently moved from FL to CT; I brought my pothos, english ivy, rubber plant, geraniums (which were reduced to stalks after the kittens had lunch on them one day) and all fared well during and after the move. Most of my flowering plants I left behind me, they were too delicate.
I also called the Florida Dept of Agriculture and got some great advice from them as to whether there were any restrictions on bringing certain types. (luckily there were not).
Good luck, moving sucks. thumbup

R
R
They should all be okay as long as you keep them as houseplants.

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Aloe are pretty forgiving for the most part.

Link Copied to Clipboard