This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32185 May 13th, 2005 at 05:57 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I started germinating a variety of perenial seeds and now I don't know what to do when they start to sprout, when to plant them outside?, how big should they be? I'm new at this so bear with me. I am thinking just go and get a plant that is already started. Duh

#32186 May 13th, 2005 at 10:11 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Your doing great and someone is going to be around to answer your question. I'm a beginner gardener and would like to hear it too. Transplanting time is always difficult for me too. I know one thing I'm going to do next year and that is use the jiffy pots. This year I used huge planters and when it came time to harden off the plants (that's when you have to take them outside for lengths of time for a while before you plant them) I wasn't happy with my choice.

#32187 May 14th, 2005 at 03:19 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Here is the link to the fact sheet on transplanting seedlings.
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/growingseeds.html

I think the size the plant needs to be is one of those things that vary. It probably says it somewhere in the article, but I'm having trouble with my eyes tonight.

I hope by the time you read this you are feeling better. God bless and be well.

#32188 May 15th, 2005 at 12:21 AM
U
uki Offline
U
Hi, smile I sow my perennials in the coldframe in June,when my annuals and vegies are moved to the garden.If they grow fast I transplant them already in fall if not then the next spring.I have to admit that the hardening off part or the repotting and running out of space is not my favorite activity I prefer to seed in the frame,the plants turn out much hardier too.I tried Jiffypots too but they can get moldy quickly and they also didn't disolve fast enough and I removed before planting. kit Uki

Link Copied to Clipboard