This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31927 July 9th, 2005 at 02:21 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I have had landscapers working in my yard for the last 3 weeks and part of the job included moving roughly 15 maple trees. The trees are 2-3 inches in diameter, but they are 12-18ft tall.

I live in MN, and it is summer time here, so I think that it may have been the wrong time to move them. What I am wondering is how to tell if they are going to survive. Most of them have curled up leaves, and I would guess that they will turn brown and fall within the next 2 weeks. I have been watering the trees every evening.

Thanks.

#31928 July 9th, 2005 at 06:26 AM
HI thecritic I think your right about moveing them this time of the year.its best to move them when there dormant in the late fall or early winter.but since you have moved them keep them soked realy deep watering. make a water well around each tree abought 3 feet around just mound dirt up in a circle so it will hold lot of water and fill them up a couple of times to let the water soke in deep. do this a couple of times a week for abought a mounth or so.they should hopefuly put on new growth. i have done this myself.they might drop off all the leafs but dont give up on them.new groth should start growing soon as the roots settel and start searching for water.hope this helps and good luck with your trees. your friend in gardening.mike57

#31929 July 10th, 2005 at 12:55 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks mike57. We have been watering once a day pretty heavily, and in about 2 weeks the irrigation system should be complete, so they will get water and fertilizer daily. They are looking pretty tough at the moment, but I will keep up the watering ....

M.

Link Copied to Clipboard