This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31774 July 16th, 2005 at 02:06 AM
Corgi17 Offline OP
OP Offline
A couple weeks ago while we were on vacation, someone missed our driveway and ran completely over our peach tree. I was too upset to clean up the mess so I just left it lying there. It was broken off at ground level, except for a very small part. I went out today to look it over again and the leaves aren't even drying up so it must still be getting water from the roots. The tree was about 2 inches in diameter and about 12 feet high, it also had approx. 30 peaches on it. Is there anyway this tree can be saved? I don't suppose if you made a clean cut above the break and stuck it in the ground, it would grow roots again? Or maybe we could figure out a way to brace it back up? I'm open to any suggestions. If it can't be saved, fine, just thought I could try something since it's trying so hard to live.

#31775 July 16th, 2005 at 06:41 AM
LMT Offline
Often times fruit trees a homeowner has are dwarfs (or semi-dwarfs). This means the roots are from a different tree/shrub and the full sized fruit tree was grafted on so even if you could root a 2 inch diameter tree it's not likely what you had growing, size wise.

Try a splint? Support it by tying it to a triangle of stakes and see if it works. If it is a dwarf, it's the only way to try and save the tree.

(A dwarf peach should mature at 12 to 16 feet tall, about half the size of the peach tree.)

Link Copied to Clipboard