This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31763 May 21st, 2005 at 04:44 PM
OP Offline
Hi Everyone wavey
The peppers I started indoors (green, yellow hot and chilis) are all blooming. The chili blooms have fallen off and little peppers have started to grow...(so cute smile ) Can I trasplant them like this? Should I have pinched them long ago? I don't wanna' lose all my peppers and I have no idea what to do. Please help.
Christina muggs

#31764 May 21st, 2005 at 04:59 PM
U
uki Offline
U
wavey Hi,I think you are from Ontario too, grinnnn I am not so sure but I never pinch my peppers,mine are still inside they need it warm or they drop the flowers.I put down black landscaping fabric this helps to warm up the soil.I read somewhere that matches sticked in the ground helps them grow and when they are blooming I spray them with eppsom salt.Oh and I plant them deep to gives them more roots. muggs

#31765 May 26th, 2005 at 05:17 PM
P
P
Christina,

If you are really worried about transplant shock, then pinch back the flowers. It will cause the plant to concentrate its energy on growing roots instead of fruit. Pinching back the first flowers is a common pratice to encourage the plant to grow strong first so it can produce more fruit later.

If the plants are healthy, then just plant them as is. The buds will likely fall off due to the transplaning anyway. Once the pepper plant is well established it will produce more flowers.

Link Copied to Clipboard