This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31282 May 22nd, 2005 at 10:50 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi, I work in a retirement home where odors are a problem. Even though we clean all the time, the odors are always present. We can not use any chemicals (natural or not) that are not approved by the state but the residents can have plants. Are there any plants that help with odor control or removal? Thank you for anything you can tell me.

#31283 May 22nd, 2005 at 11:15 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
plants will increase the amount of oxygen in the air and take out some polutants but I'm not sure about odor persay. I think what you would end up with is the fragrance of the plant interwoven with what is already there. Arabian Jasmine is suppose to have a very wonderful smell and is a vine that might work well for providing a fragrance that is pleasant. For cleaning the air the larger the leaf the better. Ficus and Begonia's have been recommended to me in the past when I have wanted something like that.

Here is a link where they have lightbulbs that work as air purifiers you might want to look into that.

http://www.ozonelite.com/ozoneliteairpurifier.html

#31284 May 23rd, 2005 at 12:27 AM
HI wavey MINT puts out a nice aroma but would require a nice sunny window sill.there are other spices and herbs that might be a good choice also.but most would require a nice sunny spot to grow well.hope this give you a few ideas you might try.your friend in gardening.DIGGER wavey flw flw

#31285 May 24th, 2005 at 08:45 PM
laugh i was about to post the same quaestion about plants that might be used as "odor eaters" i have a similar prob. so please keep the advice coming and share any of your successes cheryl.
thanks hinda

Link Copied to Clipboard