This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31220 July 1st, 2005 at 11:04 PM
S
Shell Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was given this plant (Brazilian Plume - Justicia), and I'm not sure of the proper way to care for it. Right now, it's in a big terracotta pot and has a drainage hole, it's in the shade. I live in Mississippi and it's hot here! LOL The leaves are really wilted. Like they are too heavy, and just droop. I've watered it, and no change. I put it in the sun, no change. What can I do? It is blooming, has three large pretty blooms right now. The stalks and flowers look healthy. Any help? Thanks so much, and glad to have joined you all.

#31221 July 2nd, 2005 at 12:04 AM
HI wavey SHELL the brazilian plume justica likes the shade but will tolirate 4 or 5 hours of sun per day they also like cooler weather at night you might try bringing it indoors in a air conditioned room in the evening.dont over water it they like moist soil not soggy wet.it is normal for the leafs to droop in the heat of the day if its in a lot of sun.try puting it in a real shady spot for a few days it should perk back up.but try and bring it in a air conditioned room at night to give it a break from the heat.if you do a SEARCH on care of Brazilian Plume Justicia plant. you will find out more imformation on how to care for your plant.hope this helps.your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey flw flw

#31222 July 2nd, 2005 at 12:10 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Mike I think you need an "Official title" Maybe something like "official link hero" or something. I can never find the links the way you do and it takes me forever. Just a thought. I really appreciate the searches you do for me and others.

#31223 July 2nd, 2005 at 12:28 AM
Thanks TK No problem any time a ot of the imformation is on this site. but if i cant find what i am looking for i google a search elsewhere.i injoy being able to help other people with imformation abought plants.if i dont know about the plant i do a search but you might have to word the search in diffrent ways to find what your looking for.i dont need a "Official title" i am just a person that injoys helping others and i learn a lot to in my quest for imformation.your friend in gardening.mike57

#31224 July 2nd, 2005 at 12:52 AM
S
Shell Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey Mike, thanks so much for the quick reply! Will bring it in and see if that helps. I have a really shady spot for it, so will try that too.

#31225 July 2nd, 2005 at 01:20 AM
HI wavey again Shell your very welcome an also WELCOME to THE GARDERERS FORUM. the best gardening site on the web bar none.hope you stick around and become part of the family here. where all garden crazy and wavey flw flw

#31226 July 2nd, 2005 at 01:48 AM
S
Shell Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you for the warmest welcome, Mike! I've looked around this forum a lot today, and have found so much great info. I do like it here!

Link Copied to Clipboard