This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30603 September 29th, 2005 at 09:56 AM
OP Offline
FINALLY! i have been into homeopathic and natural medicine, medicinal herbs, etc. my whole life, but it's so hard to find anyone who shares my views and doesn't think i'm a total nutjob. i'm planning on going to college to become a naturopath, but i want to focus on medicinal herbs, and instead of just giving people homeopathic pills, i want to make like tinctures and decoctions and infusions and everything.

i refuse to use most "modern" medicines, i won't even allow antibiotics in my house. i take asprin maybe 4 times a year. i have an herb book that i reference and create my own teas and whatnot. there's a natural market not far that has a HUGE variety of dried herbs, not just your normal kitchen herbs, but things like Bladderwrack, blue cohosh, vervain, wood betony, etc.

my mom has always used homeopathic remedies, and i grew up using them.

i think it's so great that i finally found a forum with people who believe in the healing power of plants!

#30604 October 7th, 2005 at 12:39 AM
J
Jon Offline
J
the thing to remember - most of the meds we have today were developed off of meds from plants. The medicinal property of plants have been known for centuries if not tens of centuries.

plants do much more for us - than occupy our time in the garden <smile>

Jon

#30605 October 9th, 2005 at 01:20 AM
OP Offline
i know that, modern medicines are just synthetic versions. i'd just rather go to the source than trust a man-made concotion.

one of my favorite quotes from "Cowboy Feng's SPace Bar and Grille" by steven brust is this:

"I sighed and studied a knot in the elm. In wood it's called a knot; in metal it's called a flaw, because somewhere we decided that man is fallible and nature is not."

#30606 October 12th, 2005 at 09:41 PM
P
P
Another source if you don't have it yet:

The Herb Society of America
ENCYCLOPEDIA of HERBS & THEIR USES
Over 1000 plants, 1500 Photographs

By Deni Bown
ISBN 0-7894-0184-3

#30607 October 13th, 2005 at 06:16 AM
Hi:
I don't think you're a nut job, because if you are, then so am I...lol! I have some spearmint I pick daily and make spearmint tea at night. It is so relaxing and tastes so good

Maryann

Link Copied to Clipboard