This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30523 July 11th, 2005 at 05:08 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Hi all! I am a new home owner and recently seeded our ground with a blend of grasses recommended to us by a local garden shop. The seed is high quality, we are watering frequently in short 5 minute segments approximately 4 times in a 12 hour period. I prepared the ground by tilling with a hoe, raking, and pulling up all weeds by the roots. So what's the problem? Well, we seeded in June and it seems like the lawn is still so sparse. We did not seed it in various directions nor did we lightly cover up the seed as I now know we were supposed to. Does this mean we failed, or is it possible it is just taking longer than I expected? Any help or advice would be fantastic! Thanks!

#30524 July 11th, 2005 at 09:42 PM
nor did we lightly cover up the seed
wavey fescuebaby,
the possible resulting problems from not covering up the seed could be: blown away by the wind/breeze or eaten by birds and mice and such.
has there been any growth at all? you may want to re-seed some. i'm not the best to offer advice on lawn care but i hope this hels some wink

#30525 July 17th, 2005 at 02:04 AM
Fescuebaby
That is an appropriate name. I agree on the washing or wafting away on the seed. It will take a couple of attempts to fully reach the desired look. I still spot seed myself. If there has been any crab grass killer laid in the ground that to will inhibit new growth. Fall is best time to plant.

#30526 December 31st, 2005 at 05:41 AM
R
RBT Offline
R
I HAVE RED CLAY SOIL AND CAN'T GROW GRASS,IT COMES UP IN PATCHES BUT NOT IN A NICE FULL LAWN,CAN ANYONE SUGGEST SOLUTION?? FERTILIZE HEAVY?? THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

Link Copied to Clipboard