This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30397 July 18th, 2005 at 04:47 PM
S
Skywise Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I've got an aspidistra of approximately 150 leaves size which has lived happily in the corner of my dining room for the last year or so. It has always looked perfectly healthy but recently the tips of the leaves have begun turning brown and dry. The plant did dry out recently when we went on holiday for 2 weeks and it was not watered but the leave tips were turning brown before that. There are plenty of new leaves coming but each of them, as they unfurl, show this brown tip.

Can anyone help my poor plant?

Skywise

#30398 August 25th, 2005 at 12:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
skywise, i'd put my plant on some rocks in a tray of water to raise the humidity around the plant itself. you want to be sure that the plant's pot is out of the water, but that there is about an inch or two of water in the tray underneath.

aspidistras grow very well outside (shaded) here, and this is a very humid area where i live.

Link Copied to Clipboard