This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30159 June 21st, 2005 at 07:10 AM
LMT Offline OP
OP Offline
In doing research on peppers I found multiple sites that suggested they were perennials that are usually grown as annuals. It got me thinking. If I can grow peppers in containers and winter them indoors for a couple years before I set them outside for their final season, I bet I could get really big and productive transplants. Capacity would be a limiting factor. I can probably carry 16 8" pots with plants up to 4' tall at the maximum.

What I'm looking for is stories from experienced container gardeners. If you've wintered plants that were transplanted into soil the following spring, that would be a bonus.

#30160 June 21st, 2005 at 08:49 AM
wavey hi LMT ,nice to meet you.

Yes indeed,peppers are perennials. And you can grow them quite well in containers.
Just bring them indoors before first frost.Give them as much light as possible,water as needed.

Then in spring,wait 'til night time temps are at least 50 .Introduce full sunlight slowly(harden them off) as you would any new plant.

I wish I had the space,I'd keep my peppers every year.

wink duckie

Link Copied to Clipboard