This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
wavey

Patio is poured and the guys are putting the final touches on my privacy fence as I write this. I have tons of stuff outside that needs to be moved. Do I dare dig any of it up in this heat? Also, we have about 20 stepping stones that need to be laid. We have no idea where to begin with this project. Does anyone have any ideas or know where we can find instructions on placing them. I can't wait for cooler temperatures so I can spend my days in the yard. I want to make the area colorful and playful. We have 6 kids next door and I want them to enjoy our yard too.

Thanks, auntnene

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey, Auntnene,
How'd your project turn out???
Inquiring minds would like to know!!!

OP Offline
It turned out really nice! My nephew came over while we were digging out the ground to lay the stones and shook his head frown . He pointed out the fact that it was a low spot and needed drainage so he ended up helping. The guys buried a pipe, built it up with dirt, went and got landscaping timbers and sand. It kinda looks like a little bridge.... nothing like I imagined but much better. I didn't move any of my plants so it looks kind of bare around the patio. I'm going to divide some of my mums and look around the yard to see what I have I can move before I buy. A lot of the planting will have to wait until spring. ( how many more days until then? smile All in all, I'm very pleased. Now, the big question is.... where to move the compost box laugh

Thanks for asking!

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Did you get any pictures by any chance??? smile cool thumbup

Now, the big question is.... where to move the compost box
And where is your compost box now?????????

OP Offline
HA!! Right next to the new patio.... not a great place for it but it was a handy spot while there was no patio.... everything got put in because it was so *availabe*. It has now been banished to the corner of the yard behind the shed frown I hope my love for making dirt wins out over cold, sleet, ice and snow laugh becuse I will have to trek out to it. No pictures yet... we just have one digetal camera and it is never around when I think about it. I'll work on getting pics...

lala

Link Copied to Clipboard