This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29627 May 16th, 2005 at 11:04 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I bought one of those herb kits with the ceramic pots that has small places along the sides to plant herbs. Looks something like a strawberry pot only much smaller.

Very bad idea btw. Now I have two left over plants hanging out of the side of one of the small pockets. I'm wondering if there is anyway to get them out of there without killing them. I already lost most of the herbs due to not hardening them off when I took them outside several weeks ago.

Any advice encouragement would be very very welcome.

#29628 May 17th, 2005 at 12:14 AM
SN Offline
Wow, sorry to hear...

I have had awesome success with strawberry pots.

Is it really tiny?

When you say they are "leftover plants hanging out of the side", I am trying to picture exactly what you are saying, but I am afraid I am not quite understanding. At least I don't think so.

Could you use a spoon to dig them out?

#29629 May 17th, 2005 at 12:28 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
How long have the herbs been in the "strawberry type" planter. If it hasn't been too long, I'd just pop 'em out with my finger. (Heck... If they're not doing well, even if they've been growing for a while I'd still just pop 'em out with my finger!)

#29630 May 17th, 2005 at 01:16 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well I bought it in February and planted the seeds prior to finding the forum so it's been pretty long. But I don't think these sprouted until after I took the rest out to be transplanted and that was around the beginning of spring. My finger wouldn't fit in there without squishing the plants so I got a really small plastic spoon and watered it really well and got them out. I hope they survive the transplant shock. One looks like it might be a curly parsley. The other one I just don't know. The leaf edges are serrated and the leaf is shaped like an arrow head. And it is growing from one primary stem.

Thank you for giving me the courage to do it. I grow yellow feathers when I think I might hurt something.

#29631 May 17th, 2005 at 12:51 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
They are alive!!!!! I got up this morning and the first thing I checked were those two little herbs. And they didn't even wilt. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Link Copied to Clipboard