This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28794 May 15th, 2005 at 01:47 PM
OP Offline
wavey
On a non plant related question, I have been searching my local nurseries for garden gnomes, finials, etc and have been disappointed with the price shk and the lack of imagination or variety. I have had some success with the antique shops but it is limited. C

#28795 May 15th, 2005 at 01:55 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
The price won't please you but the imagination will.

Design Toscano

The imagination may not please you but the prices will.

Collections Inc.

Hope this helps some.

#28796 May 15th, 2005 at 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out your local Family Dollar/Dollar General stores. The ones here have lots of little garden ornaments,they even had 10inch high garden gnomes for $5. I've gotten lots of stuff from them thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#28797 May 15th, 2005 at 05:25 PM
Meg Offline
TK, that Design Toscano is great!! I just spent the last hour or so there, browsing everything. There are actually a few affordable items in there. (Affordable being around $30 or less.) I saw some really beautiful stuff, but of course, I generally have expensive taste. I don't intentionally pick out the expensive stuff.. I just say, "oooooh, I like that", and then look at the price, and say.. "no wonder." It's usually the highest priced items. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I bookmarked it, and think I'll be placing an order when I can..lol.

Meg

#28798 May 15th, 2005 at 05:31 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I love that Design Toscano, I get a
catalog sent to me...
What stuff in there.

I get alot of the "garden ornaments"
at the local places, Wally~World, Eckard's~pharmacy, Rite~Aid, K~marts, and
local feed mills...
or QVC and HSN..

Weezie

#28799 May 15th, 2005 at 05:34 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
We forgot BIG LOTS!!!!!

Can't forget them lol.

Weezie the catalog has the unicorn garden statue on the front cover. I so wanted that but, can't really can't.

That is however where I got the peacock shelf that is now haning on my wall and I just love it.

Meg I know I spent days going back to that web-site I'd look and then look again and then look again. Fortunately they do have a bargain area so now I stick to that.

Link Copied to Clipboard