This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28323 June 21st, 2005 at 02:57 AM
D
Darren Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello,

I'm very new to this and and by no means an avid garnder, however I have a fantastic money tree (Pachira) who i've grown very attached to.

My tree is apporx 6ft tall and goes through phases of loosing its leaves (I think i've rectofied that problem). One of its braided trunks appears to have died (i think!), the tip of it is like a stick and dry (see attached).

Is there anything I can do?

Any one's help would be greatly appreciated.

Darren

#28324 June 21st, 2005 at 03:01 AM
D
Darren Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I can't attach the photo :-(

#28325 June 21st, 2005 at 03:17 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Darren,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum,
we're very glad you found us!!!

Two things, here's how to post a photo,
If you go to one of these sites, *and there is other's too, just can't remember the names*....

WebShots
PhotoBucket
Imagestation

It's FREE to download your pictures too....
Then you can attach the URL from the place you choose, copy and paste the URL, then click on the IMAGE botton, and insert the URL into there.
*there will be a highlighted blue http:/ thing there, either delete it or click your backspace button to get rid of it

I hope this helps..

P/S There's some other gardener's that do use pictures alot and maybe able to help you alot better than I did, Afgreyparrot/Cindy, Meg, Loz, Jiffy, G~mom, plants~n~Pots, Carly....tons of them know how and can give you a hand if you need it....
P/S/S I use Photobucket myself, and it's very user friendly!!!

And the second thing is, I"m going to move your post down into the HOUSE plant SECTION,
and I'm sure you'll get a much better response down there...

#28326 June 21st, 2005 at 04:23 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Hi!
Lets seeeeee, what i do to keep mine from not dying is i water it when it gets dry, and it only seems to wana live in this one spot in my house. Its the equivlant of putting it in full sun, then putting a bush in front of it so it doesn't get the full sun, but it gets some of it :donno:
In other words, i have mine in a window with no direct sun lol. What kinda conditions is your money tree in?

~Phoebe

#28327 July 5th, 2005 at 07:16 PM
D
Darren Offline OP
OP Offline
D
hello...

thanks for the advice about uploading pics.

I've now moved my tree back to his original spot (right by the window) and he seems to be doing just fine. He's not loosing leaves and is growing very large indeed!

I still have 2 concerns:

1) He might get too big and be too large for my flat - can I prune him? if so, what's the best way?

2) His pot looks too small for him but I'm afraid to tamper with him (he's quite volotile) - what do you reckon?

Thanks everyone...

D.

#28328 July 5th, 2005 at 10:08 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Hi!
Yep you can prune it ^.^ Just pick a spot that looks like a good pruning point *normally above a node is a good spot* and ya, make a clean sharp cut. As for repotting, just pull it out, put it in a slightly larger pot, and fill it with loose soil. don't pack it down. they don't like their roots packed ^.^

~Phoebe

#28329 July 24th, 2005 at 09:03 AM
Hmm. I have that trouble with money trees too. No money... Duh

Link Copied to Clipboard