This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28271 July 2nd, 2005 at 11:18 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and just stumbled upon it while I was looking for an answer about my Japanese lilac tree. I live in Wisconsin and have bought the tree 3 years ago. It is in full sunlight as suggested and has good soil. It is only about 3-4 ft tall and has never bloomed. Many of the leaves also look deformed. The main vein of the leaf is twisted and so half of the leaf is smaller than the other half. It really looks strange but it doesn't look like it has any bugs of any kind. does anyone have a clue?? someone mentioned it may have some type of fungus. Please help!

R
R
It could be a fungus.

Also, it could be winter salt damage. If the tree in question is near a salt source (within 30 feet of a road, 10 feet of a driveway or sidewalk), it could be dying of thirst. If winter salts are used near the tree, they get washed into the soil. These salts can block the uptake of essential nutrients. Syptoms of which include failure to produce flower buds & deformed leaf production.

If your tree is in a sheltered area, then it is most likely a fungus.

F
OP Offline
F
thanks RugbyHukr. I wouldn't think it would be a salt problem. It is in the middle of my front yard a good distance away from the street and my driveway. any idea what I can do about the fungus?

Link Copied to Clipboard