This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I don't have a picture, but maybe I can describe it? It is a dark burgundy-ish purple and the leaves are shaped like little hearts or butterflies. Not very big, about 6 inches high. I don't know what it is called or how to take care of it. Sound familiar to anyone? Thank you so much.javascript:void(0)

Just a guess, maybe an Oxalis??? idea

S
OP Offline
S
That's it! thank you so much! Someone gave us one and I did nor know how to take care of it. thank you very much!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oxalis' have a winter dormant period that must be respected. Starting in September, stop fertilizing and gradually reduce the frequency of watering over the next month. The leaves will gradually die.

By mid October you should stop watering altogether and move your Oxalis to a cool, dark place where you can ignore it until February.

In February, you will see some signs of life. That is the signal that you can resume normal watering and fertilizing and move it to a sunny windowsill. Continue this routine until next September. It does best when moderately potbound.

S
OP Offline
S
Mr. Creed,
Thank you so much for that advice. Perfect explanation of what is happening to our plant right now. Thanks to you, we can save it. Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard