This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27793 December 21st, 2005 at 10:56 AM
OP Offline
Hi Everyone... wavey and Merry Christmas!

Does anyone know of a site that i can go to that has listings of all the mail order companies that carry trees, seeds and flowers? angell

#27794 December 21st, 2005 at 11:11 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I don't know of a website but I know Weezie has a list posted on here somewhere with her favorite catalogs.

The two that I like best are Brecks and Big Dipper Farm. But I never bother with the catalogs because the online is the same and I don't have to file the paper catalogs lol. I am so lazy. There is also the Estabrook Nursery since you are farther north. One of the things that I like most about the Big Dipper is the flexibility of the search engine they use.

#27795 December 21st, 2005 at 11:15 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Oh I forgot for vines I use heronwood nursery, for seeds I like Burpees and Swallowtail, rosydawngardens for coleus, 2bseeds is another good one for seeds, terranovanursery handles a lot of new specimens and exotic stuff but is equally expensive. I have a hole bunch of nurseries in my favorites all for different types of plants.

#27796 December 24th, 2005 at 11:15 AM
N
N
Hi gardenerguy:

Check out Seneca Hill Perennials For an impressive lineup of native flowering plants. They offer a printed catalogue, but their online one is handier and is well illustrated.
They carry plants I have been unable to locate anywhere else.

#27797 December 24th, 2005 at 07:51 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Nice catalog neko but it sure is expensive wow.

#27798 December 24th, 2005 at 11:23 PM
Gardener Guy,

About two years ago, I was in your shoes! I found the best way to get my name on mailing lists was to google something like "seed catelogs" and then see what came up. I visited sites and if I liked the site, then I put my name on their mailing list. More time and effort, but it worked well for me. Last year I ended up with ALOT of catelogs!!!

SIDENOTE**
Ever wonder what to do with the catelogs after your done with them??? I use mine at school...I cut the pictures out and let the kids glue them onto construction paper. I'm sure local daycare centers or elementary schools would like all of your catelogs when your done with them.

#27799 December 25th, 2005 at 03:21 AM
pinetree seeds.I like them.very reasonable.

I found a tomato/pepper one from totally tomtoes.

I've done the seed catalog search..also garden web has a venders list and has a seed catagory& I found alot there that was not on search engine.Also Everyoone needs a STOKES catalog....it has all the seed growing/germination info included.

Link Copied to Clipboard