This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27402 January 3rd, 2005 at 04:31 AM
R
rpoppy Offline OP
OP Offline
R
A maple tree in my front yard gets blotchy gray and white spots on its leaves every summer. When the leaves fall in autumn they turn brown and have tiny gray spots all over. I thought this was mildew, but no one I know can tell. The problem is I'm afraid it transferred onto my garden plants. I had several healthy patches of catnip that began to show gray spots, and my basil and lemon balm both had brown edges on the leaves, which shriveled by summer's end.
Anyone know what it is and how to treat it (preferably organically)?

#27403 January 4th, 2005 at 03:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would send some of the leaves and other plants to your local cooperative extension office for identification of the problem. you should call them first, and if you don't know how to get ahold of them, call your nearest state university/college and they can help you. most counties have coop offices and they are set up to identify the pests indemic to their area!

oh, and welcome to the garden helper!!

Link Copied to Clipboard