This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26839 May 17th, 2005 at 07:37 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Someone gave me a lovage plant two years ago. I had to divide it this year because it had gotten so big. I got 15 divisions from the one plant plus the one division I left in the ground. The gardener gave me the plant as a substitute for celery. I was hoping that my rabbits would eat it, but no such luck with the rabbits.

The lovage was extremely easy to grow. It's a perennial. The taste is similar to celery, but different. I just don't know what to do with it cooking wise. I'll bring the divisions to my garden clubs plant sale, but I'm hoping that someone will have some cooking suggestions. I hate to throw the plant out, but if I don't find a use for it, it's gone.

#26840 May 17th, 2005 at 01:03 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
lets see in the mint post it's mention that it can replace celery in soups. that would be cool.

The information you are looking for

I think I'll see if it will grow in my garden. It sounds like a great plant to have around.

#26841 May 17th, 2005 at 01:12 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I just looked it up to see if it would grow in my garden and guess what. It's a good companion plant for potatoes isn't that great? I am definitely putting it on my garden plant for next year.

Link Copied to Clipboard