This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26709 July 23rd, 2005 at 02:18 AM
OP Offline
Well, the good news is my geraniums and morning glories are making a great comeback,my passion plants (thanks to plantlady19)are climbing like mad and my sunflowers look strong (no blooms yet). That leaves only my impatiens which are very ill. I don't understand, they bud like crazy but soon as they look like they are ready to open, they die and fall. Oh well, maybe next year. Thanks to all who gave me advice and keep well. wavey

#26710 July 23rd, 2005 at 06:59 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That is great news Joe........

Can you go thru how you planted those plants
with us??
Dirt,
Watering,
Fertilizers, if any???
Sun/Shade???
How are they planted...container/ground???

#26711 July 25th, 2005 at 08:20 PM
OP Offline
I purchased these 2 impatiens at a local nursery and they were full and beautiful. At first I had them in a spot where they got about 4 hours of afternoon sun, watered maybe 2x a week and dead headed. Problems started soon as the first round of blooms fell. Ever since, I get lots of buds but they never develope, just die off. I thought at first it was the hot, humid weather so I moved them to a less sun spot (1+) hours. No help. Started watering every day. Added fertilizer. Nothing. Moved to total shade a few days ago and .......nothin'. I am not a fan of impatiens.
All my plants are in potting soil/dirt, planters/pots and the impatiens are in their origional dirt,6" pots.
Any suggestions appreciated. Duh

Link Copied to Clipboard