This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26676 May 22nd, 2005 at 04:12 AM
OP Offline
Okay, so I thought I knew what I was doing but here is my problem with my mini roses. There aren't any aphids thankfully but I'm getting brown dead leaves and brown spots on the leaves. I'm sure I've just looked this topic over somewhere else but I would like the help. I keep feeling like I'm doing something wrong! First they get over-watered because of me watering them on the same day we gets storms (I don't get tv and can't access the net much to check the weather and never think to turn on the radie). Is the brown just from over-watering or something else? confused Duh

#26677 May 22nd, 2005 at 05:58 AM
Could Be:

#1)Spider mites--microscopic pests-- shake a leaf over a piece of white paperto see if anything moving falls off; also look for thin webbing on the foliage...

#2)Rust-a fungus that spreads in moist air, wind and moderate temps. Gets severe in cool humid climates...

Maybe these two suggestions will help you find some info and pictures to help...

#26678 May 22nd, 2005 at 03:47 PM
Hi,

yes,Tricia has some very good advices.I would also remove any leaves or flwrs. with brown spots as if it is pest.it will propagate,so we don t wan t that.

if the clouds are greyish,chances are it is going to rain...so don t water. p lala wink

#26679 May 23rd, 2005 at 05:45 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
wavey PlantFaerie don't water the leaves when you water as this can also cause yellow leaves and brown/black spot. Black spot is a fungus when you pick affected leaves DO NOT throw them on hte ground as if it is black spot can get into the soil put the leaves in your garbage that way it gets completely away from your flowers. I will rinse leaves off with a strong stream if I find aphids but do it when it is cool as if hot will burn the leaves and cause a steam room effect.
Hope this helps. flw

Link Copied to Clipboard