This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26450 May 19th, 2005 at 09:08 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi all,

The nieghbor planted blackberry canes. Now the question is how do I stop it from comming over into the garden area I want to garden? Any cheap suggestions? You would think the guy plans these irritations but I don't think so. I think we are just two people who should not live close to one another.

#26451 May 19th, 2005 at 09:24 PM
A physical barrier might be best TK. Dig a trench along the fence where the offending weed is, to the depth of your topsoil plus a few inches and put something to stop the roots coming thru. There's a product called rootgaurd available. Dunno if you can get it over there. It's like a heavy duty shadecloth. The roots hit it and can't penetrate.

#26452 May 19th, 2005 at 09:34 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
thanks Longy,

I'm so glad you are here. I've missed you the last few days. Of course we are talking the steepest part of the slope and clay. But that figures I guess. I believe my sponsor calls people like him serenity checkers. He has certainly checked mine and found it wanting. I could try to talk to him after some serious praying I guess. I just remember his remarks about the t.v. and it's hard not to just get angry all over again.

About how long can I expect it to be before the cane are encroaching? They are maybe 5 feet from the edge of my gladiolus.

#26453 May 19th, 2005 at 09:45 PM
About how long can I expect it to be before the cane are encroaching? They are maybe 5 feet from the edge of my gladiolus.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm really not sure how prolifically they grow where you are TK. Suffice to say that whatever the length the new canes get to this season, the roots COULD be the same length.
It's nice you missed me the last few days. I've been travelling home from Africa. Sitting here waiting for the sun to come up on Friday morning so i can get utside and see my yard.

Link Copied to Clipboard