This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26359 July 4th, 2005 at 08:34 AM
A
OP Offline
A
HELLO,
NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE CORRECT Forum to place this question but anywhooo,
I have several twisted willows and they are way out of control and need a bit of pruning. I would like to transfer the cuttings to my friends yard. I do need to trim a few limbs that are about 4" inch aound. Woulld they make it if I did this or only the smaller cutting propegate?thanksj

#26360 July 4th, 2005 at 09:23 AM
Hey JK, I'm not sure about your question, but I'm sure someone will be along soon that can help you out. I just wanted to say hi and welcome!

#26361 July 4th, 2005 at 11:59 AM
HI wavey JK i would think only the small cuttings would root for you. use rooting hormone on your cuttings. it provides nutrents to the cuttings till they start to root.i think the big limbs would not root becaues the growth above would require more water and nutrents than the soil could give them.root your cuttings in the shade so they dont burn up from the hot sun. hope this helps your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey flw

#26362 July 5th, 2005 at 08:48 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Hello,
and thanks for the info. Ok, what if I wait until fall and put the larger stocks in water and a lil moist soil in my pump house? Then in spring plant...? I just have this thing about killing a really beautiful part of a tree.Oh one more ? how about horse manure in my veggie garden? My horses give me alot of it so I need to find a way to rejuvenate it. love the happy faces!!! thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard