This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Hello,
Im searhing for the largest "leaf" plant. It does not have to flower just grow huge!I have elephant ears but they dont listen..... Do you know of one bigger than the gun? Thanks

castor bean plants.nice tropical foliage.and if grow in nice rich soil and keep watered well....it will grow over 10 ft tall.are solid green/green with pink veins/pinkish burgandy leaves./and a red.the reds are usually shorter& being california.you don't get real cold,so they will possibly re sprout the following year for you.they grow big roots so keep that in mind if you plant them.

R
R
I can't think of anything larger than Gunnera, if that is what you mean by "the gun". Most people refer to Alocasia when they say 'elephant ears'.

Gunnera

Alocasia

your thinking of giant EE Alocasia X odra X azurea.it gets about 10-12 ft high.in a shady moist spot.I had to search my book.I knew I had wrote down.that one has a blueish cast to the leaves.and its fragrant.the green ones flowers are not fragrant.grows in tropical areas.has to be kept above 40 degrees.would look good with giant crinuim lilly amabile its a 4 ft tall pink spider lilly plant(on my wish list) any way....xanthosoma saggitifolia has 2 ft tall leaves that are 20 inches wide.I've seen it grown in 25 gallon containers for zones colder than a 7.
You may try a search for rain foest plants....and find other large plants.or plants of Thialand.

Link Copied to Clipboard