This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24952 January 6th, 2004 at 03:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Lack of snow is going to be a factor again this winter in what survives or not. I mulch most things, but either the wind blows it away, or my dog, Tank, makes a bed of it. I had recieved a couple of plants of SOUTHERNWOOD a few years ago, last winter I lost one of them, I brought a clump of this woody plant indoors; however, it does not look good. Does anyone know of a source for this plant/seed? All I know is it is a variety of Artemisia :rolleyes: [Linked Image]

#24953 January 6th, 2004 at 04:30 AM
Souternwood is supposed to be very hard to grow from seed? I have never tried but Richter's offers plants and plug trays!

southernwood

rickter\'s home page

Hope that this is of some help!

#24954 January 6th, 2004 at 02:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks ! I will check out these links wavey

#24955 February 15th, 2004 at 01:01 AM
R
R
If Southernwood is anything like Wormwood, which is in the same genus, the temperature shouldn't be that big of a factor. When I lost Wormwood it was more from excess moisture in the soil at the time of freezing. There are many plants that can survive zone 4 conditions if the soil is dry or moist when it freezes but will die at much milder temperatures if the soil stays wet. If you've kept any kind of garden diary that includes weather observations, look to see if there is a relationship between late fall rains and when you lose plants.
Rick

Link Copied to Clipboard