This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#24918 March 29th, 2004 at 03:10 AM
A
A
Hey, sorey I haven't been around to say thanks
Apples? Ever been a guinnea pig???
Oh shure... I think I may be alergic slightly to bananas but I eat one every day, it just kind of bugs my asthma if I eat them fast or many. I don't drink much milk though so that probably explains it. I have been latly because I've been eating(cereal) brekfast that requires it but still not too much. I'm planning a trip to the docks very soon so I'll tell him about it. laugh I'm not laghing as hard as the graemlin, not in any meen way. That's one of the few things I know about St.johns wort Duh . I like goats milk and am intent on getting a few in the future but for now I don't know what to drink in place of milk because the place we get it the cardboard they use in the container makes it tast stale. Any suggestions on that. I could maby find a farmer with some goats.
By the way their's a possibility I grow in dog years so it just might be the pottasium!
One thing I've found releaves the jitsies temperarily is some yoga position, I think it's called the japanese sitting pose but maby not. you simply sit on your nees with your feet flat undernieth you until just when you think there going to go numb. It helps the circulattion in your legs alot I find! It may be called the warriers pose come to think of it. idea I don't know my yoga all that well.

#24919 March 29th, 2004 at 03:39 PM
Apples, you are such a great sport for putting up with the silliness... kissies

#24920 March 29th, 2004 at 06:31 PM
A
A
I don't mind at all. This place is made to be fun. Plus any info I get here is a bonus since I'm just being to lazzy to read up my self. I've got a list going so I'm thinking I'll put it up in a new post n see what you people think. wink

#24921 March 30th, 2004 at 03:24 PM
Apples, this link might give you lotsa info to help you with your list.. (maybe we should start a "Natural Health" topic...)
At the office, we E-subscribe to this Dr's newsletter. Everything you could possibly want to know...

Dr. Mercola

#24922 March 30th, 2004 at 04:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My folks raised goats when I was young and sold the milk, my younger bro was lactose intolerant and it was what got them into the goat thing, only thing I remember was that Dad would not let them graze until after milking and then put them inside before dark, he said it took the off taste fromthe milk, must have because I LOVED it! grinnnn phil

#24923 March 30th, 2004 at 08:37 PM
A
A
I still think that a goat and a sea of clover would make a great front lawn. thumbup

#24924 March 30th, 2004 at 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me Too! Duh Maybe they are called WHITES! any way they are the same plant, haven't researched them, but a wise old owl told me they were good to ward off Cancer if made into a Tea...any imput? grinnnn

#24925 March 31st, 2004 at 05:15 AM
A
A
Modern uses: The leaves are antiseptic and are used internally and externally for the treatment of malignancies. Research is required in this area, but an infusion of the leaves appears to reduce pain in cancerous cases. A strong infusion is made by using 2 oz (56 g) of leaves to 1 Pt (568 ml) of boiling water, which is left to stand overnight. It is then strained and taken in doses of 2 fl oz (56 ml) every two or three hours. The crushed leaves can be applied directly to the skin where an antiseptic is required. The flowers are expectorant and a syrup is made by adding honey to an infusion of them. This is an excellent remedy for coughs taken in dessert-spoonful doses. The roots and leaves are also expectorant, but the root tends to be emetic and has been used as an alternative to lpecacuanha. In combination with Vervain (Verbena officinalis), it is effective in whooping cough. Colt's Foot may also be added.
I pasted it from that magdalin site papido posted.
Maby the white one has deeper cancer properties then the violet WHITES! wink
Ouu... Jillie I looked so quickly befor I only saw Phils post. Thanks I'm starting to look through it now! As for the natural health topic I think that would be great! Has any one ever heard of yerba mate. It's a tea from south amarica that can be used as a food staple replacing meat and even bread! I didn't book mark the page but if you do a quick search on it you can find tones of sites on it or selling it. It has one of those exoderireowjr... things... Duh caffien being one of the three all having similar effects but this one is not bad for you and is actualy realy good for you. They say it's like green tea but better. grinnnn

#24926 March 31st, 2004 at 05:24 AM
A
A
Phil, I'm so silly grinnnn
The flowers of White Violets ripen and dissolve swellings. Taken fresh, the flowers or herb are effectual in pleurisy and diseases of the lungs and help hoarseness, hot urine and pains in the back or bladder. Anyways you should read the whole thing for your self Magdalin

#24927 March 31st, 2004 at 05:38 AM
A
A
Ah... I found it. yerba mate
This one has alot of info to. More mate

#24928 April 27th, 2004 at 06:06 PM
I love teas, especially herbal teas and I wanted to pass along a GREAT new tea, I found!

It seems to be good for everything that ails: calms and strengthens, helps circulation, mood, lowers cholesterol, builds immunity, slows the aging process, prevents arteriosclerosis.. ect.. ect. thumbup

de luv ni

#24929 April 28th, 2004 at 02:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New one on Me , Have you researched it ? Duh

#24930 April 28th, 2004 at 05:27 PM
I asked my sister about this tea, as I have seen it in her cupboard. She directed me to a couple of web sites...here is the info I gathered.
Jiaogulan is a Chinese herb (Gynostemma pentaphyllum,) which goes by many names including Southern Ginseng, Immortality Herb, and Miracle Grass. In Japan it is called Amachazuru. In fact, four of the 85 saponins (called Gypenosides) in this herb are identical to those of Ginseng but about four times as concentrated. Others are converted into Ginseng saponins but other saponins are unique to this herb. Ginseng has about 25 saponins.
Learn more here: Jagulana Herbal Products
Sounds like a great product Fleur-de-ni. Thanks for sharing thumbup

#24931 April 28th, 2004 at 06:08 PM
Hi Phil & Laura~ wavey

I have done some research on it. Like many good things, I was introduced to it, by a friend who brought me some.

Excellent information on studies done in the U.S. and Asia titled:
Ancient Wisdom Tested by Modern Science - Chapter III
from Jiaogulan "China's Immortality Herb" by Michael Blumert

can be read at:

http://www.immortalityherb.com/Jiaogulan-book/chapter%203-1.htm

There are also many other informative articles to be found at this site.

luv luv luv

A concise history of Jiaogulan, can be read at:

http://www.jiaogulan.net/Jiaogulan.htm

I am not easily impressed by herbal claims, as they do seem to be everywhere. I have been using and studying herbs for over 30 years and take much that I read with many grains of salt.
I didnot look into this herb, until I had drunk quite a bit of it and was really surprised and impressed with how calm and yet strong it made me feel. I was very reluctant to drink it in the evening, for fear it would keep me awake, (it tastes very similar to caffeine-rich Jasmine tea.)
There was no need for my caution. It seems to create, absolutely, no jittery effects.

I did read that pregnant or nursing women should not drink it. However, I donot know why that is so. But figured I should make a note of it, here.

de luv ni

#24932 April 28th, 2004 at 06:16 PM
Hi Chrissy!! wavey

So are you drinking it now? Has your sister found it helpful?

This is to me, the most impressive herb I have come across, in years.

mugs~ muggs ~of tea

de luv ni

#24933 April 28th, 2004 at 06:51 PM
Yes, I have drank the tea once, just to give it a try over at my sister's place yesterday. It actually tastes pretty good & I didn't feel the jitters either that I usually expect with an energy tea. My sister swears by it & loves it. She has been drinking it for about 6 months now. I put in an order for some at our local health food store...so I will keep ya posted on how it does for me:)

#24934 April 28th, 2004 at 06:58 PM
Yes, I have drank the tea once, just to give it a try over at my sister's place yesterday. It actually tastes pretty good & I didn't feel the jitters either that I usually expect with an energy tea. My sister swears by it & loves it. She has been drinking it for about 6 months now. I put in an order for some at our local health food store...so I will keep ya posted on how it does for me:)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard