This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24182 September 4th, 2004 at 06:35 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't think they're all that harmful to gardens - are they?

Anyways, in that circle where I found this creature it's only cultivated weeds anyway - doubt it could do much harm.

Well, I am going to put some bulbs in there, so I'd better think about it.

[Linked Image]

#24183 September 4th, 2004 at 11:45 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I don't think they're all that harmful to gardens - are they?
Grubs typically attack the roots of flowers, vegetables and ornamentals, but the soil in my yard is full of them and I haven't actually seen any damage from them. However, I have recently acquired several organic grub removers. They all look similar to "rose".

"ROSE"
[Linked Image]

"rose" and her buddies ("Waylon" and "Willie") work hard (3rd shift) to rid my yard of grubs.
Unfortunately, they leave these big holes all over the yard.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Phil will be proud of my organic grub control!

(Remember I said I hadn't actually seen any damage from the GRUBS???)

Cindy

#24184 September 5th, 2004 at 06:56 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! That must have been what got to some grass here a few years back. There were great big holes in it - nobody knew what was happening.

OK - next time I see this guy, I'll help him into his reincarnation - maybe he'll get to be a useful worm next time.

:-0

#24185 September 6th, 2004 at 06:26 AM
Hello,
Grubs are not good to have in your yard but you have to have a high population to cause problems. Unless your lawn is dying I would not treat. If you are looking for a natural control I would try beneficial nematodes. This is the time of the year to treat, in September for control for next year.

good luck!!
!!
(: smile

Link Copied to Clipboard