This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22213 May 14th, 2004 at 02:57 AM
B
OP Offline
B
My yuccas have broken and brown leaves from the winter, there are brown leaves along the botton. They bloomed two years ago. I cut off the dead stalks. They are about 4 feet tall.

How do I care for them, do I prune, what fertilizer and any other information that will help me have healthy productive plants.

#22214 May 14th, 2004 at 05:24 AM
Ben-herr,
Welcome! What I always do to my yucca's(yucca filamentosa) is pull most of the dead leaves off from around the bottom. If you can't pull then cut them. They are considered weeds here and are plentiful. I never fertilize or show any special care what so ever. They do prefer well drained soil but I also have them in damp areas and they do just fine. I guess I have around 20 of them in my yard. Mine in zone 6/7 are sending up their bloom stalks right now. After they bloom and the stalks dry I cut them off. Good Luck with your yucca.
gardencrazy flw

Yucca plants and moth

Link Copied to Clipboard